Wednesday 4 November 2009

Super Mario

I played football on Saturday with some of my cousins and uncles. Just before kick off my cousin Brendan pulled me aside to tell me a funny story. His parish priest had organized a fancy dress party for Halloween. To get into the spirit of things he decided to dress up as superman, complete with red underpants on the outside. After the party he was relaxing in the parish house when he heard the doorbell. Looking through the spyglass he saw Archbishop Mario Conti on the doorstep. What to do? I'm assuming that he was not able to slink away unnoticed and avoid the embarassing situation. I would like to have seen the look on Conti's face when the door was opened by Fr. Superman. It could have been worse, he could have dressed up as a woman. How would you explain that to your Archbishop? The moral of the story? God has a sense of humour, and hopefully so do Archbishops.

No comments:

Post a Comment