Friday 16 October 2009

wrong end of the stick

Before playing 5-a-side football on Friday I overheard a bit of conversation. We were a player short and Anton was explaining to Pete why his friend decided to cancel. 'We were half way through our subway crawl and he just said "I can't play tonight."' I raised an eyebrow in puzzlement. I have heard of a pub crawl but this was new to me. I knew there was a chain of shops called Subway that sold baguettes and filled rolls,etc and my vivid imagination cooked up the idea (if you pardon the pun) that a subway crawl was people going from one Subway establishment to another, eating a baguette at each one. Apparently I am wrong. Glasgow has a subway system of 15 stops. A subway crawl is when you get off at each stop and drink a pint. I wonder how many have made it to 15 pints. I don't think I'll be trying either version of a subway crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment